When I'm not listening to skipping vinyl and sitting in ITU-R BS.1116 compliant listening rooms, sometimes I get down to transcribing and arranging things I listen to.
I hope the following PDF scores I've put together come in handy to fellow jazz musicians out there, some are full transcriptions and lead sheets, others my own compositions. Thanks must go to saxophonist Mornington Lockett whom I was fortunate enough to study with in my earlier years, who improvised some of the solos here.
- Asteroid (Pearl and Dean Theme) for Big Band - Transcribed and Adapted from the new Abbey Road recording (MP3)
- Blue Train Sax Solo - Transcribed from Nelson Rangall's solo in the GRP All Star Big Band Live album
- Cantina Band for Jazz Ensemble - Arranged by myself
- Family Guy for Piano - Arranged by myself
- Give It Up Sax Solo - Transcribed from Mornington Lockett's solo at the Bull's Head with the CVMS Big Band
- Guess What I'm Having For Christmas for Jazz Group - From an extremely rare vinyl by the Russ Henderson Quartet.
- Harm Oniks for Sax - A solo study I wrote
- Haunted Heart bassline - Transcribed from 'Haunted Heart' by Bill Evans, to accompany the transcription written by Richard Harris.
- Holland Park Sax Solo - Transcribed from the recording of Holland Park by the Pete Cater Big Band
- Jackson Street Blues Duet - Adapted for Piano and Sax
- Jazz Police Sax Solo 1 - My own solo for this Gordon Goodwin classic
- Jazz Police Sax Solo 2 - Transcribed and adapted from a solo by Mornington Lockett at the Bull's Head with the CVMS Big Band
- Maynard Ferguson Jingle for Big Band - Transcribed from the Maynard Ferguson Tribute Concert
- Mechanics (Full Version) for Jazz Group - A signature jazz composition of mine
- Mechanics (Short Version) for Jazz Group - A signature jazz composition of mine
- Motet Sax Solo - Transcribed from Bob Mintzer's solo as performed in the Mint Jam album
- Night in Tunisia Sax Solo - Transcribed and adapted from Dexter Gordon's solo
- Oleo Sax Solo - My own solo for this jazz standard, from a big band arrangement
- Ray's Blues for Piano - Shortened version I adapted
- Take Your Pick for Jazz Group - Lead sheets of this Hank Mobley classic
- Tico Tico for Clarinet - Transcribed from Paquito D'Riviera's solo
- T n'T for Jazz Ensemble - Transcription from the album TnT by Liam Teague and Arturo Tappin
I have the original Sibelius files for all of these so if you would like a copy for some reason give me a bell.
All the PDFs above are not to be used for commerical yada-yada without my consent/credit. Thanks for looking!